[vtkusers] Financial data visualization

Will Schroeder will.schroeder at kitware.com
Fri Dec 1 08:15:28 EST 2000

Hi Peter -

There are several things to try. Look at vtkParallelCoordinatesActor. You
may also
want to look at vtkProgrammableGlyphFilter, which requires that you design
a glyph
whose "look" can  be controlled by any data attribute (scalars, fields,
etc.) If you are
willing to project your data into four or less dimensions, you can use
things like
Delaunay triangulation, vtkGlyph3D, xy plots, scatter plots,
elevation/carpet plots
(use vtkWarpScalar or vtkWarpVector across a plane), or any traditional
spatial-temporal
visualization technique.

Will