Minor problem with vtkInteractorStyle

John Biddiscombe j.biddiscombe at rl.ac.uk
Fri Apr 28 04:38:01 EDT 2000

Regarding interactorSyle

I think this is symptomatic of a deeper problem. (it may be my fault - at
least on win32 versions).
When the user clicks on the window, there is a Mouse SetCapture(...) call
which traps messages, if the user breaks out of the loop at an unexpected
time, the mouseCapture is not released.

I've had problems with this with InteractorStyleFlight as complex mouse/key
combinations are permitted and I wanted to improve the mouseCapture
handling. I haven't got around to this, but if you're looking at it Lisa,
How about allowing the interactorSyle class to manage a CaptureMouse flag
which will be used instead of the current implementation which is

vtkWin32RenderWindowInteractor::
during OnL/R/M mouse event
SetCapture(Wnd).

I believe this is wrong as it forces capture as soon as a mouse event occurs.

There are many problems when multiple mouse events occur (left down/ right
down/ left up/ right up).

This may not be the cause of the specific problem mentioned in the post,
but it is a problem.

John B

"info vtkusers" to the same address.