ANSI C++ changes revisited

Eric Chamberland Eric.Chamberland at giref.ulaval.ca
Thu Apr 27 11:46:25 EDT 2000

Hi,

just a not about the "using std::ostream"...  You should NOT do this if
it is in a header file, because any who include you header file will
have the "using std::ostream" effctive for his files...  So in all our
header files (and template files) we do simply write each method with
std::ostream instead of doing a "using std::ostream".

so you woould probably want do to :

PrintSelf(std::ostream...); // in your header file

and in you source you could do:
using std::ostream;
PrintSelf(ostream...)
{
}
or
PrintSelf(std::ostream...)

Eric

Eric Chamberland                   Eric.Chamberland at giref.ulaval.ca
2988 Pavillon Pouliot, GIREF       Tél.: (418) 656-2131 x6542
Université Laval, Canada, G1K 7P4  Fax : (418) 656-3404
"info vtkusers" to the same address.