GetContinuousIncrements() ?

John Biddiscombe j.biddiscombe at rl.ac.uk
Wed Apr 26 05:57:33 EDT 2000

Dear All,

whilst trying to find the cause of my previous post, I stepped throuigh the
code for GetContinuousIncrements(). It seems to return 0,0,0 for values
which are equal to the WholeExtent. I might be using the routine incorrectly.

If I have a DataSet with WholeExtent
0 1023
0 1023
0 1

and I have an extent
0 31
0 31
0 1

the (continuous) increments ought to return 1,1024,1024*1024 (for unsigned
char) ???

If so, then this is the same as GetIncrements.

could it be that the Continuous increments should only return the offset
part of the increments for when your extent is (say)

7 255
7 255
0 1

and you get the 7 part returned and use it with the pointer to the zeroth
element.

Anybody played around with this?

thanks

John B