Speed of Vtk

Mark Beall mbeall2 at simmetrix.com
Tue Apr 25 09:33:38 EDT 2000

Interesting that this came up today...

Later today we will be posting some observations on vtk rendering
speed compared to implementing the same thing directly in OpenGL.
In some cases it's quite good, in others it's not.

The reason we are posting this is that we're hoping that someone out
there with more OpenGL knowledge than us, and more time than the
folks at Kitware, can help to determine why vtk renders slowly in
some cases so that it can be fixed for everyone's benefit.

More details coming soon.

mark