"VTK Users guide" - worth it?

Sebastien Barre sbarre at claranet.fr
Wed Apr 19 19:47:06 EDT 2000

At 17:30 18/04/00 -0400, Vincent Guido a écrit:

>I also found the web-site FAQ describe 400-500 code examples listed by
>downloading the source code from the web-site.  Again, it was not obvious
>which
>tar'ed file to download, and when I found it, there were no examples on
>working
>with TIFF files in the so called 400-500 code examples.

We have been working on the problem Vincent, and I've written several Perl
scripts for the "[DOC] VTK + Doxygen" project. These allow you to produce a
very nice set of documentation pages AND a page that list all examples
included in the current distrib as well as links between each class and the
examples using that class. Finding which examples use the TIFF reader is
now instantaneous.

Try this :

You may rebuild the documentation, and download the one I've generated very
recently.
ftp://sic.sp2mi.univ-poitiers.fr/pub/barre/vtk/doc/

Feel free to tell us if you find it useful, as we had barely no feedback
about this documentation project.
"info vtkusers" to the same address.