"VTK Users guide" - worth it?

K.R.Subramanian krs at zappa.uncc.edu
Wed Apr 19 19:11:48 EDT 2000

I think it might be worthwhile to understand the programming model of
VTK to
get a good answer to these questions - I suggest Chapter 4, pages 97-99
to get a feel for where VTK is in this regard.

Its true that to use VTK effectively good C++ programming skills and
some
knowledge of graphics is desirable.  And chapter 3 does that quite well.

And of course, reading this mailing list -:)  some times there are
important
messages about the design architecture (and changes to it) in the
mailings.

In the above, I refer to the VTK book, not the Users guide.

    -- krs

--
K.R.Subramanian                           Phone: (704) 547-4872
Department of Computer Science            FAX:   (704) 547-3516
9201 Univ. City Blvd.                     Email: krs at cs.uncc.edu
Charlotte, NC 28223-0001                  WWW: http://www.cs.uncc.edu/~krs