help for checking the distance after moving some actors

Amao zzou at uncc.edu
Wed Apr 19 16:18:49 EDT 2000

Hi,

When I use vtkPicker to pick some actors and move them in X and Y direction (using
actor->SetPosition(x+delta_x, y+delta_y, z), I found the actor move along the Z value from
the picture. From the definition of the class, the function "SetPosition" works on global
coordinate system, but after I move these actors, and check their distance from other
stable actors, I can't find any change in Z value. But from the window, I can see the
distance is changed in Z direction.

I think the problem happens on some coordinate systems, but I am confused by that because
I always operate them on global coordinate system.

Any suggestion will be highly appreciated!

Zhihua Zou

"info vtkusers" to the same address.