Need a rooftop!

Patric.Weis at mycrona.de Patric.Weis at mycrona.de
Wed Apr 19 04:59:51 EDT 2000

Hi Matthieu,

the following may be the reason for your trouble:

1. In the CELLS section you used 1-offset point indices instead of 0-offset
ones. Please try the following:

CELLS 4 16
 3 0 1 2
 3 1 3 2
 3 3 4 2
 3 4 0 2

2. You need to assign the scalars to the points or to the cells by the
keywords POINT_DATA or CELL_DATA prior to SCALARS:

POINT_DATA 5
SCALARS thickness8 float
LOOKUP_TABLE default
 0.0
 0.0
 1.0
 0.0
 0.0

Please have a look to the File Formats examples of the "vtk User's Guide"!
It is worth to be bought for fast vtk programming! :)
The same examples can also be found in "The Visualization Toolkit",
... or simply download it as pdf file from
http://www.kitware.com/FileFormats.pdf ,
... or ask the vtk users community again ...

As you see, the vtk way of getting information is a manifold one! :)

Hope, this helps!

Patric Weis
MYCRONA GmbH