"VTK Users guide" - worth it? Absolutely!!!

Will Schroeder will.schroeder at kitware.com
Tue Apr 18 13:18:42 EDT 2000

I'm biased, but here are some additional facts:

Page length: 360
Kitware's e-store has added a USPS shipping option (just yesterday)...no tracking, cost is $25 international
Hacking OpenGL...hmmmm...not a lot of support besides object diagrams and a description of the rendering process
CD includes source code, data, man pages, VolVIew & GoFly (Kitware applications) 30-day trails, regression test images
The User's Guide is about using the software, the theory is left to the Visualization Toolkit book.

Other resources include this list...look at Sebastien's links also.

I'd love to make it cheaper, I've got two kids going to college :-) We're trying to strike a balance between giving back to the community and making a living.

Will