MPI and Windows NT

John Biddiscombe j.biddiscombe at rl.ac.uk
Sat Apr 15 10:49:07 EDT 2000

Dear All,

I've used PVM in the past but not MPI, and I'd like to try experimenting
with a small cluster of win32 NT machines.

Can anyone tell me a minimum setup I'd need. I have zero MPI knowledge, I'm
not even sure if there is a windows version of the MPI libraries available.
Has anyone done this and if so, could they share the benefit of their
experience.

would it be easier to simply port some of the MPI filters to PVM? I'm not
sure which of these are required. I'd imagine
inputPort/OutputPort/MPIcontroller etc etc.

Where does one start?

thanks

John B

"info vtkusers" to the same address.