displaying transparent clouds..

Lisa Sobierajski Avila lisa.avila at kitware.com
Thu Apr 13 22:20:35 EDT 2000

Hello K.R.,

You can use a vtkVolumeTextureMapper2D, which should be significantly
faster than the ray caster. Also, you can use a vtkLODProp3D to combine a
couple of texture mappers (one with a reduced resolution volume) and a ray
caster so that you use a fast technique during interaction and fill in with
the more accurate technique during idle time. You can try out VolView
(http://www.kitware.com/volview.htm) to see an example of this being done
in an application.

Lisa