Another vtkMassProperties Question...

Jennifer Hare (CICC/HPC) <jen> jen at ARL.MIL
Wed Apr 12 17:46:28 EDT 2000

I've been playing around with vtkMassProperties since my first message,
so now I have a more detailed question....

Could someone please explain the difference between the following methods
in vtkMassProperties:

	GetVolume
	GetVolumeX
	GetVolumeY
	GetVolumeZ

I used GetVolume for a sphere and it returned the volume of that sphere.
I used GetVolume for a rectangular block, but it did not return the correct
volume of that block.  I then used GetVolumeZ for the rectangular block and
it did return the correct volume of that block.  Does the method for finding
the volume depend on the data?  And if so, what are the dependencies?  I need
to find something (or need to write something) that will find the volume of
any closed isosurface.

Thanks,

Jen

Jennifer J. Hare                        US Army Research Laboratory
Email: jen at arl.mil                      Corporate Information Computing Center
Phone: 410.278.9149                     High Performance Computing Division
Fax: 410.278.9199                       Scientific Visualization Team
"info vtkusers" to the same address.