Debug Mode Libraries on Windows

Gerald E Dalley dalleyg at ee.eng.ohio-state.edu
Wed Apr 12 18:08:56 EDT 2000

Thanks for the suggestion.  With a little more work, I finally figured
out the problem.  When I installed VTK, I copied the DLLs into the
windows/system directory.  When I compiled the program, the libraries went
to load the DLLs.  They gave preference to the ones in windows/system
instead of vtkbin/Debug/lib.  Since those *old* DLLs were out of sync with
the recompiled ones, the debugger chose to ignore the debug data.  By
copying the new DLLs to windows\system, it now loads the proper version of
the DLLs, and thus the debugging info is not disabled.

--Gerald Dalley
  dalleyg at ee.eng.ohio-state.edu