Bug report: vtkVolumeTextureMapper2D corrupts vtkTexture's on vtkActor's

Jorrit Schaap jorrit at lkeb.azl.nl
Mon Apr 10 08:59:03 EDT 2000

Hi,

I have a similar problem as Robert Stein had (see his mail on april 6th)

I have a volumedataset, and i visualize it using the
vtkVolumeTextureMapper2D. This works fine. Now i want to extract one
slice from the volume (using vtkExtractVOI) and put it as a vtkTexture
on a plane (a vtkActor) (in a different renderer). This works fine as
well.

Here's the problem: if i rotate the volume, then the texture on the
actor changes. I have illustrated this with the attached little program.

Unfortunately my knowledge of OpenGL isn't sufficient to solve the
problem myself, but to me it looks like a similar OpenGL stack problem
as Robert Stein's. I hope you can help me out on this.

Jorrit Schaap.