Problems compiling VTK 3.1

Vetle Roeim vetler at ifi.uio.no
Thu Apr 6 08:57:54 EDT 2000

I'm having some problems compiling vtk312Unix.tar.gz downloaded from
ftp://public.kitware.com/pub/vtk.

The error-messages I get are :

vtkGraphicsFactory.cxx: In function `static class vtkObject *
vtkGraphicsFactory::CreateInstance(const char *)':
vtkGraphicsFactory.cxx:181: `vtkXRenderWindowInteractor' undeclared (first
use this function)
vtkGraphicsFactory.cxx:181: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only
once
vtkGraphicsFactory.cxx:181: for each function it appears in.)
vtkGraphicsFactory.cxx:181: parse error before `::'
make[1]: *** [vtkGraphicsFactory.o] Error 1

I've tested both with vtk312Unix.tar.gz, and vtk.tar.gz in the
"nightly" directory. Both produce the same error message.

It appears that there is a line missing.
I inserted a forward declaration of vtkXRenderWindowInteractor into
vtkGraphicsFactory.h, and everything seems to work ok.

vr

"info vtkusers" to the same address.