Is this working?

Gavin Tabor G.R.Tabor at exeter.ac.uk
Mon Apr 3 12:35:01 EDT 2000

Matthieu Ferrant wrote:

> hi gavin,
>
> > I'm still stuck with trying to produce contours on a plane from a
> > vtkUnstructuredGrid. My pipeline looks like this :
> Do you just want to visualize the cuts through your unstructured grid ?
> Then you don't need the probefilter, you need a vtkCutter with the
> planesource as cutting function. The output is a polydata.

I hadn't thought of that. I was trying to use the visualisation method
used
in the combustor example probeComb.tcl, where data is sampled on a
finite plane
within the domain. What you suggest is closer to what I want at the
moment,
and works well. Thanks! (I'm still trying to work out what is wrong with
my
original pipeline, as a subsample might be quite useful as a
visualisation
technique in the future).

My thanks to everyone who answered. One can't expect always to get
something
from a voluntary forum such as this, but it is good to know that my
messages
are being received.

Gavin