shading in VolRender

Dr. Jasjit Suri jsuri at enya.picker.com
Fri Oct 1 08:50:44 EDT 1999

Hello...

STEP 1:
I create the VolumeProperty of my MR head data
by giving 4 inputs:

Opacity
Color
Interpolation Type
Shading

STEP 2:
I create the VolumeMapper by giving 2 inputs:
CompositeFunction and
Reader

STEP 3:
I create the Volume by inputing STEP1+STEP2

Finally i display it.

Is there a way to control the shading/lighting of the
volume rendering ?

One way is to change the R,G,B color map
by changing the color transfer function matrix..
But this is not a very efficient way...
Another way might be to re-classify my voxels
which is load on both memory, speed and perhaps
the quality...

I hope somebody must have encountered this...

What do you say on this ?

Thanks very much...

..jas..