Filtering slices

Mark Huenken huenken at natlab.research.philips.com
Tue Nov 30 11:40:59 EST 1999

Hello everybody,

a vtkBMPReader reads a run of images (SetFilePrefix, SetFilePattern).
There is one visualization pipeline for each slice. The first filter
that I add to the pipeline should limit the whole run to the one
specific slice as follows:

vtkImageCast cast = new vtkImageCast();
cast.SetInput(reader.GetOutput());
vtkImageCache cache = cast.GetOutput();
cache.SetWholeExtent(...,...,...,...,slice,slice);
cache.UpdateImageInformation();

But what happens is that every visualization pipeline connected
to a viewport shows slice no. 0 instead of a different slice.

Am I missing something?

Any help would be appreciated

Mark

P.S. I'm using vtk 2.2 and the Java wrapper

--
Philips Research Laboratories --  Building WAEp1.07
Prof. Holstlaan 4	5656 AA Eindhoven	The Netherlands
Phone:  +31-40-2743654	E-mail: huenken at natlab.research.philips.com