Windows compile times

Frederik Barth Frederik.Barth at t-online.de
Tue Nov 30 07:17:58 EST 1999

    --
Some of the Linux compile times reported seem to be
extraordinarily long. I don't know if I'm comparing pears
with apples, as I'm working under Win98/VC++ 5, but on
my rather antique Pentium I MMX 166 MHz and 64 MB
EDO-RAM, the compile time is somewhere around 3
to 4 hours (estimated, I never measured the time).
This is for the VTKDLL-DLL and -LIB. The TCL takes
about the same time. This is using PCMaker and
subsequently NMAKE.

    Frederik Barth

    --digsig
         Frederik Barth
     4vuqDzM6dIQSkoODDOMvwdy6ttGB6C0Z9Ghv0dvcZqT
     a89GaOQnBfo1nV2hhfZ77VXJCXDOD56Es8VeZcOc
     4wFfxb9c4WcsRD5LDtr8eAntt20IbFoked8/58FvS