VTK, Tk and XEvents

Daniel J. Blezek, Ph.D. blezek at crd.ge.com
Mon Nov 29 08:39:43 EST 1999

This should have been fixed recently (~2 weeks ago).  You may need to grab
the latest source, or compare the vtkTkImage* files with your source.

  The problem was that the imaging window recieved a resize request, which
it performed, but also submitted it's own request.  This resulted in a
loop where the window resized itself repeatedly.  The fix removes the
widget's request for a new size.

-dan

On Thu, 25 Nov 1999, Matt Clarkson wrote:

> Hi there,
> 	I am writing an interface, with three image viewer widgets.
> If I resize the main window, the three image viewer widgets resize.
>
> However, for one main window resize event, each image viewer widget
> resizes many
> times. The image viewer widgets start at their current size, and grow in
> stages until they are the requested window size, which forces multiple
> render events and consequently the resizing is slow and flickers.
>
> Does anyone know how to stop this?
>
> Many thanks
>
> Matt Clarkson
>
> --
> Computational Imaging Science Group
> Radiological Sciences,
> Guy's Hospital
> London Bridge
> London
> SE1
> 9RT
> Tel: 0171 955 2380
> Fax: 0171 955 4532
> E-mail: m.clarkson at umds.ac.uk
> WWW: http://carmen.umds.ac.uk/m.clarkson

> "info vtkusers" to the same address.     Live long and prosper.

Daniel Blezek, Ph.D.
blezek at crd.ge.com
Computer Graphics and Systems Program
Electronic Systems Lab