vtkMatrix4x4Filter ?

Olivier Cuisenaire cuisenaire at tele.ucl.ac.be
Thu Nov 25 13:02:50 EST 1999

Hi,

I am busy developing a TMS-MRI registration program. The aim is to find
the transformation matrix that best matches a discrete set of points to
a surface. At the core of this program, I need to write a filter that
takes as inputs
	1. a vtkMatrix4x4 (initial value)
	2. a vtkPointsSet (the discrete set of points)
	3. a vtkImageCache (the distance transformation from the surface)
and that produces a vtkMatrix4x4 as the output.

My question is: which superclass should I rely on ?

I would tend to use the following:

vtkObject -> vtkMatrix4x4Source -> vtkMatrix4x4Filter ->
vtkMyRegistrationMethod

Is that the right way to do it ?

Thanks.

Olivier