Problem with vtkMarchingCubes - no isosurface

Brent Burton brentb at io.com
Wed Nov 24 01:07:13 EST 1999

Hello again, all.

I found the problem described in my earlier email.  The values in the
pipeline are integer values from 0 to 255, not float values.

When debugging VTK I noticed the data type was VTK_UNSIGNED_CHAR,
but I was thrown by the vtkStructuredPointsWriter writing out
float values.

Once I changed my marching cubes threshold value from 0.627
to 160, it worked as desired.

Sorry to clot the list with this oversight.

-Brent Burton