vtk volumes meets inventor ...

Werner Wohlfahrter wwohlfah at crcg.edu
Tue Nov 23 12:52:16 EST 1999

Hi!

My name is Werner and I am the newest member of your mailinglist.....

Here is a short description of my problem:
I have an augmented reality framework which is fully based on
OpenInventor. I would like to extend it in order to work on Volumedata.
Therefore I try to combine Inventor and VTK to use the Volumerendering
posibilities of VTK.

I know the work of Paul Rajlich who did a combination of VTK and
Performer but "only" on geometry....

Does anybody know how I can work on Volumedata using VTK and render it
in combination with Inventor???
Is it possible to use OpenGL calls to put Volumedata directly to the
framebuffer??

Thanks ww :)

--
                                                         \|/