vtkMFCInteractor

Damion Shelton dmsst59+ at pitt.edu
Tue Nov 23 12:24:15 EST 1999

In the 2.4 distribution there is a Visual C++ 6.0 project file, under
the "Sample" folder, which compiles fine "out of the box". Since the 2.4
dist is split into multiple pieces perhaps you don't have the chunk that
includes this directory. Modifying this project to add extra
functionality is very easy.

The only piece of programming advice I have is to wrap the reader,
mapper, and actor classes into a single CObject derived class. These 3
classes are really interdependent and having them packaged as a single
object makes adding and removing actors from the view much easier (and
CObject adds serializability making it easy to save the "document"). I
haven't been working with the combo of vtk/vc++ that long so if someone
else has any other useful advice I'd appreciate it.

Regards,

	-Damion-