VTK on Linux with Matrox G400

Qian Peng peng at apollo.gat.com
Mon Nov 15 14:37:56 EST 1999

Hi, everyone,

I recently got a Linux box and I'm trying to install VTK on it.  Since I'm
new to both, I inevitably have some, perhaps, dumb questions.  To begin
with, the box has a Matrox G400 card, and the configurations I have for
compiling VTK are RedHat6.1, VTK2.4, the latest GLX from openprojects with
Mesa 3.2, Tcl/Tk8.0.4 and egcs-2.91.66.

When I ran examples in graphics/exampleCxx, I got the following error,
"error in loading shared libraries: ../../graphics/libVTKGraphics.so:
undefined symbol: glXChooseVisual".  I had the same error when not using
glx but only Mesa of recommended version 3.0.2.

So what should I do here?  Thanks,

-Qian