vtk in connection with a DB

Asad A. Abu-Tarif tarifa at rpi.edu
Wed Nov 10 11:46:26 EST 1999

Hi,
I'm just a starter with VTK. So, I don't know if it has a special feature for
that.
However, I've been using ProC under Visual C++. It is a precompiler that allows
you to embed SQL commands inside your C/C++ code.
It goes as follows:
    you write your C/C++ with SQL embedded in it. Then you run the ProC
precompiler that takes the SQL commands and converts it to C function calls. Then
you compile using what ever C/C++ compiler you have. (I'm using Visual C++, but
it should work with anything).
Learning ProC is very easy if you know SQL. Basically you put your standard SQL
commands preceeded by 'EXEC SQL' clause.

So, you can select the file (image) you want to display using embedded sql then
you can display it using VTK.

Regards,
Asad A. Abu-Tarif

PhD Student in ECSE, Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute (3D Image Registration).
Research Assistant, NYS Center for Automation Technologies.
Troy, NY 12180.
(518) 276-2991.
tarifa at rpi.edu