Problem with vtkFieldData

Mike Cochrane cochrm at tui.lincoln.ac.nz
Tue Nov 9 22:17:43 EST 1999

Hi

I'm a fairly new user of vtk and want to use a vtkPointPicker object
to display extra info about a glyph I select on the screen.
The data consists of several fields of scalar data and an x, y co-
ordinates, which I use to make a vtkPolyData object and plot using
vtkGlyph3D.
I can determine the current scalar value for the glyph, but want to
be able to display other scalar values associated with the original
point.
I thought I could include a key field as a vtkFieldData object and
associate that with the vtkPointData, along with the current lot of
scalars I'm looking at, for my original vtkPolyData dataset.
The problem is when a run the data through the glyph filter the
scalars in the vtkPointData are copied (10 values go to 240) to the
output vtkPolyData, but the field data is not.
How can I get the data field to copy across to the output, or is
there another way to uniquely determine which point is being
picked after the dataset has passed through a few filters?

Hopefully this is clear enough for you to understand the problem.

Thanks
Mike Cochrane