OpenGL cards and multiple windows / WinNT

Ron Inbar rinbar at netvision.net.il
Fri Nov 5 06:32:09 EST 1999

A comment regarding wireframe rendering: as far as I know, vtk doesn't use
OpenGL's GL_LINE polygon mode; instead of rendering polygons as usual and
letting OpenGL do the dirty work, it explicitly renders their contours as
lines.  I'm almost certain this causes a drop in performance.  I don't
understand exactly why this is done.  The thing to remember here is that
when you render wireframes, the driver can do very little to improve
performance.

Ron