C++Builder & vtk(again)

Yoshimasa Matsuno yoshimasa.matsuno at sdrc.com
Fri Nov 5 01:46:36 EST 1999

Dear John &  vtk users with C++Builder,

I could compile tk_CommonD.bpl, vtk_GraphicsD.bpl and vtk_ImagingD.bpl
without any problem for your convenicet "BCBvtkcxxWizard" tool.

But I could not make  BCBvtkComponents.bpl component because
many errors apear. So I have some misunderstanding.
Could you tell me how make BCBvtkComponents.bpl from BCBvtkMappedRenderWindow.cpp
and BCBvtkRenderWindow.cpp?
Sorry give you trouble.

John Biddiscombe wrote:

> I received several enquiries this morning so .......
>
> I haven't updated the vtk/C++Builder web page as I have no editor at home,
> but I've copied 3 files into a web directory...
>
> Old web page is here - (notes are still useful)
> http://www.rcru.rl.ac.uk/~jab/vtk/
>
> RenderWindow component is here. Can be installed to BCB palette
> http://www.rcru.rl.ac.uk/~jab/vtk/BCBvtkRenderWindow.zip
> (4K)
>
> Package builder for Common, Graphics, Imaging is here.
> http://www.rcru.rl.ac.uk/~jab/vtk/BCBvtkCxxWizard.zip
> (21K)
>
> Demo project is here showing vtk in use
> http://www.rcru.rl.ac.uk/~jab/vtk/BCBvtkDemo.zip
> (9K)
>
> No binaries of anything are included. If anyone wants binaries of fairly
> stable packages I've built and tested (Debug version) vtk_CommonD.bpl,
> vtk_GraphicsD.bpl, vtk_ImagingD.bpl, then I can send them when I've got a
> decent connection instead of this modem (next week I expect).
>
> Naturally I've tested these thoroughly on my machine and they are all fine,
> but please please reply telling me if you get any compile errors or
> anything because I can fix them and get them sorted right away and
> hopefully I'll get no more message from others with similar problems. I
> have many many BCBvtk things on my machine and its getting hard to know
> when I've copied the right files and removed all dependencies.
>
> Particularly I'd like to know if anyone uses BCBvtkcxxWizard for building
> vtk because it does a lot of work and can easily fail.(The version I've put
> above is intended for debug packages. I'm still unsure about MAKE files
> under BCB and it is a bit flaky if you do release and debug packages
> together).
>
> The stuff I've put in these files is designed to run with recent Nightly
> downloads which contain the new interactors. If you have an older "stable"
> vtk release, then don't use this stuff. I cannot help you. (But I'll upload
> binaries of the packages next week as mentioned).
>
> ta taa
>
> John B

> "info vtkusers" to the same address.     Live long and prosper.

Yoshimasa Matsuno
Technical Consultant
Technical Marketing Div.
SDRC Japan K.K
Odakyu Southern Tower 9th Floor
2-2-1 Yoyogi, Shibuya-ku,Tokyo 151-8583, Japan
Tel.81-3-5354-6768(Direct in)
Fax.81-3-5354-6780