compiling and configuring problem

Dean N. Williams williams13 at llnl.gov
Thu Nov 4 15:55:20 EST 1999

Dingrong,

    I too get the warnings at the end of  configuration. They are
    not a problem. Also the "startx -- -bpp 24" or 'startx -- -bpp 32"
    is not a problem.

    Did you edit the user.make file to point to the proper file locations?

    For example:

# this file can be used to override any of the values selected
# by configure in system.make.  At a minimum you should set
# the following Tcl/Tk values if you are planning to use Tcl/Tk

TCL_INCLUDE=-I/usr/local/src/tcl8.0.5/generic
TCL_LIB=/usr/local/lib/libtcl8.0.so

TK_INCLUDE=-I/usr/local/src/tk8.0.5/generic
TK_LIB=/usr/local/lib/libtk8.0.so

MESA_INCLUDE=-I/usr/include/GL
MESA_LIB=/usr/lib/libMesaGL.so -lXext

Take a close look at the "VTK-Linux-HOWTO" document.

Best Regards,
        Dean

> Hi again,
>
> Sorry my first email about my compiling problem of VTK on Linux (RedHat
> 6.0) did not mention the warning of configuring. I got three warnings
> when run
>
> ./configure --with-mesa --with-tcl --with-shared --with-tkwidget
> --with-patented
>
> those warnings are:
>
>  creating Makefile
> configuring in python
> configure: warning: no configuration information is in python
> configuring in tcl
> configure: warning: no configuration information is in tcl
> configuring in java
> configure: warning: no configuration information is in java
> configuring in examplesCxx
>
> Hopefully I give enough information for you to diagnosize my compile
> problem.
>
> Thanks.
>
> Dingrong

> "info vtkusers" to the same address.     Live long and prosper.

Dean N. Williams
Computer Scientist/Computation Group Leader             o
Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory                --
Livermore, California 94550                          `\< *
Phone: (925) 423-0145    FAX: (925) 422-7675        /  \
http://www-pcmdi.llnl.gov                         williams13 at llnl.gov