vtk texture problem

Thuering, Manfred thuering at ist.supsi.ch
Tue Nov 2 10:16:46 EST 1999

Dear vtk-ers,

 We are using vtk for developing an interactive GIS application,
 unfortunately we experienced strange behavior when trying to apply a
 large texture over a digital elevation model (basically a triangular
mesh).

 The texture simply does not appear when applying images larger than
 1024x1024. We feel that this is another OpenGL limitation similar
 to the 'power of  two' one. The same problem arises on an SGI Indigo2
 and a PC PIII  (with `OpenGL32`)

  - Did anyone experience the same or, as novices,
    are we doing something wrong?

 Are there any tricks to overcome this?

 Any hint would be appreciated.

 Thanks a lot,

 Manfred
 Dr. M. Thüring - Istituto di Scienze della Terra
 C.P. 250 - CH-6593 Cadenazzo (Ticino, Switzerland)
 Tel +41 91 / 858 34 72 - Fax +41 91 / 858 34 05
 eMail: thuering at ist.supsi.ch