Diamond problems?

Brian Alexander Todd bat5 at po.cwru.edu
Thu Nov 11 10:31:05 EST 1999

I think I have a video card problem, but I want to
check with the experts.  I'm using

NT4.0 SP5
vtk2.4
Diamond s540 Stealth III with the drivers that came
with the card.
VC++6.0

I build the mace.cxx example in VC with no problems.
However, when I run the example, the window gives
strange behavior (all black or with the windows behind
it drawn on the canvas where the mace should be or hang).
I remember seeing some thing about monkeys writing the
drivers for my card on this mail list, so I checked that
out.  Rebooted into VGA mode and ran the sample
again.  This time I see the mace and I can interact
with it.  Should I send some bananas to Diamond?  Has
anyone got this card working with vtk?

Many Thanks,
Brian Todd
  \       |   Brian Todd                email: bat5 at po.cwru.edu |       /
   \      |   N.O.B.L.                   home: (216) 791-2407   |      /
    \     |   C.W.R.U.                 office: (216) 368-4209   |     /
    /     |   Cleveland, OH 44106         fax: (216) 368-4969   |     \