[vtk-developers] [BUILDBOT] New buildbot features!

Ben Boeckel ben.boeckel at kitware.com
Mon Oct 26 10:35:05 EDT 2015

On Mon, Oct 26, 2015 at 09:59:57 -0400, Cory Quammen wrote:
> On VTK MR 804 [1] My goal was to run an updated patch on just bigmac. I
> tried this:
>
> Do: test --stop
>
> followed by
>
> Do: test --regex-include bigmac
>
> In gitlab, I get a report for just the bigmac builds as expected. However,
> if I look at the buildbot page [2] (third column), it looks like all the
> buildbot machines are triggered to run. Do they all run a script that skips
> the tests early if they don't match the regex?

You did not clear the previous commands (--clear), so any previous
requests are still active:

> On Mon, Sep 28, 2015 at 11:22 AM, Ben Boeckel <ben.boeckel at kitware.com>
> wrote:
> > With the new `Do: test` command, buildbot keeps a list of active
> > commands for a merge request. For example, this may be used to build
> > only on Python3 builders:
> >
> >     Do: test --regex-include \+python3
> >
> > to *add* MPI builders to the set, give this command:
> >
> >     Do: test --regex-include \+mpi
> >
> > When these two commands are active, any builder with +python3 or +mpi in
> > its name will be built for updates to the MR. If, however, you now only
> > need MPI builders, this command:
> >
> >     Do: test --clear --regex-include \+mpi
> >
> > will empty out the command list before adding the command for +mpi.

The page lists builders by category (vtk-expected), so all builders will
be shown. Only those which are scheduled get builds. There's no way
(AFAIK) to only list builders which may get a specific changeset to
build.

--Ben