[vtk-developers] Submitting VTK Reader Classes

Brian Dotson Brian.Dotson at netl.doe.gov
Thu Apr 13 12:25:30 EDT 2006

John,

I will send it to you.  If I send you the vtkFLUENTReader.cxx and .h
with the .xml chunks can you build it?  Or what is easiest for you?

We have tested the reader with ParaView running in parallel, and you
can see the mesh getting broken up into chunks.  But, I am not doing
anything special in the reader.  I assume it is getting partitioned by
another module in the pipeline.

Brian

>>> "John Biddiscombe" <biddisco at cscs.ch> 4/13/2006 12:08:27 PM >>>

Brian

> One of the readers is for Fluent.  Fluent is a CFD code that is used

> quite a bit at NETL.  Go to www.fluent.com <http://www.fluent.com/>
> learn more about Fluent.   I have tested the reader on Fluent 6.2
> without any problems.  I was told the number of Fluent users is
roughly
> three thousand.

If you'd like beta tester's for your fluent reader, please let me sign

up. I converted my colleague Mario Valle's AVS fluent reader to
vtk/paraview but have a few problems with it and would gladly use one
that is already finished.

Does it handle reading in parallel?

JB

--