[vtk-developers] too much re-linking

Bill Hoffman bill.hoffman at kitware.com
Mon Jul 14 15:11:26 EDT 2003

That is really an issue to take up with MS.
We just tell it to link to the dll's, and if a dll
changes, then any dll that links to the dll is
automatically re-linked.  Which really is the safest thing to do,
as a file could have been removed from the dll and you would
not find the problem until run time.

In VS 6, they had a Build this one only option, but VS 7 dropped
the feature. However, the new VS 7 2003 has a build this one only option.
BTW, if you upgrade now, VS 2003 is only $29.   I think the offer
is only good until September.

-Bill