[vtk-developers] RE: [new tree] what happened to vtkImplicitModeller :)

Sebastien BARRE sebastien at barre.nom.fr
Fri Jun 22 18:16:21 EDT 2001

Hi

At 22/06/2001 17:25, William A. Hoffman wrote:
>I am not sure this path is a good one.

I do not follow your point exactly. Do you see another way to achieve what
John's would like to do ?

>It encourages people to keep files in the vtk tree that
>are not under cvs.

I'm not sure the "typical user" would use that feature, but the "people"
here are developers, am I right ? I don't think they will forget to put in
the CVS what could be contributed to the CVS :)

Although I'm not very fond of that solution, we could "hide" that feature ?
We would remove this explicit call to INCLUDE(... OPTIONAL), and allow
CMake to include *automatically* some kind of "magic file" (ex:
LocalUserOptions.cmake) when it's found in the current processing
directory. A bit dirty, though. But I've seen some similar stuff in other
softwares.