[Ves] [VES] stereoscopic rendering

Aashish Chaudhary aashish.chaudhary at kitware.com
Tue Jan 27 09:49:48 EST 2015

Hi Rene,

It is possible but it will require some work. I would suggest that you use
the VTK OpenGL2 backed for this purpose as we are not actively improving
the VES anymore.

Thanks,

On Tue, Jan 20, 2015 at 10:44 AM, Rene Pecnik - 3ME <R.Pecnik at tudelft.nl>
wrote:

>  Hi all,
>

> Is it possible to use stereoscopic rendering in VES?
>

> For example, what I have done in vtk is:
>

> vtkRenderWindow *renWin = vtkRenderWindow::New();
>
> renWin->StereoCapableWindowOn();
>
> renWin->SetStereoTypeToSplitViewportHorizontal();
>
> renWin->StereoRenderOn();
>

> Now I would like to use the same capability in VES, but it seems that this
> is not inherited from vtkRenderWindow.
>
> Any ideas on this?
>

> Thank you!
>
> Rene

*| Aashish Chaudhary | Technical Leader         | Kitware Inc.            *
*| http://www.kitware.com/company/team/chaudhary.html
<http://www.kitware.com/company/team/chaudhary.html>*