[Ves] VES/Kiwi and Swift

Harish Narayanan harish.mlists at gmail.com
Thu Nov 27 10:51:01 EST 2014

Hello all,

I am new to iOS development and fiddling with an app that involves
VES/Kiwi. With a bit of poking and prodding, I’ve gotten the libraries
built as well as the KiwiSimple Xcode project, aspects of which I am using
to piece together my app.

Since I am new to all of this, I was contemplating working on this app in
Swift, but stumbled across a primary blocker in the docs[1]:

“You cannot import C++ code directly into Swift. Instead, create an
Objective-C or C wrapper for C++ code.”

My question here is that: Is this something that is feasible for one to
attempt? And if so does anyone have any helpful hints for me to get
started? If not, I will continue my attempts using Objective-C.

Thanks!
Harish

[1]
https://developer.apple.com/library/ios/documentation/Swift/Conceptual/BuildingCocoaApps/