[Ves] Initial rendering size of KiwiViewer

Busch, David E deb63 at pitt.edu
Wed Nov 26 09:29:41 EST 2014

Xiaopeng,

If you are only doing something simple on the initial startup of the KiwiViewer, before performing any panning, transformations, etc... you might be able to get away with something like:
setCameraPosition(cameraPosition() * 0.75);  // (in vesKiwiBaseApp) for instance

If you are trying to perform a zoom after panning/etc... then you will need to take the 3d transformation into account.  Simply moving the camera wont work as your viewing angles will change, likely requiring you to properly translate and rotate the camera.

Take a look at:
vesKiwiBaseApp::setCameraPosition  & vesKiwiBaseApp::cameraPosition?
vesKiwiBaseApp::setCameraFocalPoint & vesKiwiBaseApp::cameraFocalPoint
vesKiwiBaseApp::setCameraViewUp & vesKiwiBaseApp::cameraViewUp
...as well as the dolly, roll, pan and rotate functions of vesKiwiCameraInteractor
?
Also look at vesRenderer::resetCamera().  There is some math that may be useful to you here, as well as some references to other classes and functions that may also be of use too.

?David Busch
Mobile App Developer
University of Pittsburgh