[Ves] Trying to compile PointCloudStreaming

Aashish Chaudhary aashish.chaudhary at kitware.com
Thu May 29 16:25:18 EDT 2014

Yes, that code is not updated yet. The shared_ptr is abstracted now. Have a
look at the vesSharedPtr.h. If you update that code, we are more than happy
take your patch and merge it into master.

- Aashish

On Thu, May 29, 2014 at 3:53 PM, Lynn Gilbert <
lynn at roboticparadigmsystems.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I get an error when running ./compile.sh from VES/Apps/Android/PointCloudStreaming
> directory:
>
> [100%] Building CXX object jni/CMakeFiles/PointCloudStreaming.dir/
> PointCloudStreaming.cpp.o
> PointCloudStreaming.cpp: In member function 'void (anonymous namespace)::
> vesKiwiPointCloudApp::showText(const string&)':
> PointCloudStreaming.cpp:132:50: error: cannot convert
> 'std::tr1::shared_ptr<vesKiwiText2DRepresentation>' to
> 'vesKiwiText2DRepresentation*' in assignment
> make[2]: *** [jni/CMakeFiles/PointCloudStreaming.dir/PointCloudStreaming.cpp.o]
> Error 1
> make[1]: *** [jni/CMakeFiles/PointCloudStreaming.dir/all] Error 2
> make: *** [all] Error 2
> + exit
>
> I got the master code from git://vtk.org/stage/VES.git and I'm trying to
> compile this on Ubuntu 12.04.
>
> Thanks in advance!
> Lynn
>
> --
> Lynn Coddington Gilbert
> Partner, Robotic Paradigm Systems
> www.roboticparadigmsystems.com
> www.facebook.com/RoboticParadigmSystems
> lynn at roboticparadigmsystems.com
> 678-428-0935

*| Aashish Chaudhary | Technical Leader         | Kitware Inc.            *
*| http://www.kitware.com/company/team/chaudhary.html
<http://www.kitware.com/company/team/chaudhary.html>*