[Ves] Not displayed all data but cturtle.vtp

Lynn Gilbert lynn at roboticparadigmsystems.com
Thu May 29 14:11:07 EDT 2014

My apologies if I'm doing this incorrectly. I just joined the VES
mailing list because I've been having issues with KiwiViewer. I only
have the ability to look at old posts through the Archives
(http://public.kitware.com/pipermail/ves), and I haven't found a way to
search or reply to a particular thread.

I believe Mansoo and Aashish had a dialogue about this topic (see
below). I'm also running into this same problem. I'm using a Samsung
Galaxy Tab3 8". For some reason, the other sample files will load;
however, only cturtle.vtp will show something other than a light blue
background. Any ideas?

Regards,
Lynn

Hi, Aashish Chaudhary.

I think it may be something specific to Galaxy. I tried Galaxy Note 2. The
result is the same as the above. But, In LG Optimus LTE2, all data were
displayed.
The result is the same although I changed gl_FragColor = vec4(1.0, 1.0,
1.0, 1.0) at vesShader_frag.glsl.

I can not guess  the cause. Would you guide me?

Best regards.
(P.S. I attached the opengles trace on Galaxy S2 when the teapot be shown
by default)

:/
/
>/  It may be something specific to Galaxy? Is it possible for you to send me
/>/  the opengl trace for VES? Also, one thing you could possibly do is set the
/>/  final color in the shader
/>/  to something vec4(1.0, 1.0, 1.0, 1.0) and see if something shows up.
/>/
/>/  I am running it in Samsung 10 inch without any issues.
/>/
/>/
/>/  On Wed, May 28, 2014 at 10:30 PM, Mansoo Kim <to.mansoo at gmail.com  <http://public.kitware.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/ves>> wrote:
/>/
/>>/  I got the clone by doing "git clonegit://vtk.org/stage/VES.git" and
/>>/  checked by doing "git checkout master"
/>>/
/>>/  Git Sha will be d1506467aa3c63adceb04ec434868f4c4005ed24
/>>/
/>>/
/>>/  The list of other datasets is like :
/>>/
/>>/  teapot.vtp, bunny.vtp, visible-woman-hand.vtp, and so on.
/>>/
/>>/
/>>/  - Mason Kim
/>>/
/>>/
/>>/  2014-05-28 22:22 GMT+09:00 Aashish Chaudhary <
/>>/  aashish.chaudhary at kitware.com  <http://public.kitware.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/ves>>:
/>>/
/>>>/  This is odd. what is your GIT sha of VES? Do you see the list of other
/>>>/  datasets?
/>>>/
/>>>/  - Aashish
/>>>/
/>>>/
/>>>/  On Wed, May 28, 2014 at 4:15 AM, Mansoo Kim <to.mansoo at gmail.com  <http://public.kitware.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/ves>> wrote:
/>>>/
/>>>>/  I have just built ves & kiwiviewer on Android as following instructions
/>>>>/  onhttp://www.kitware.com/blog/home/post/642  and
/>>>>/  http://www.kitware.com/blog/home/post/546
/>>>>/  I successed to generate Kiwiviewer-debug.apk.
/>>>>/  But, I can see only cturtle.vtp, which have only vertices, and no
/>>>>/  triangles, no lines. The other data, which have triangles, aren't displayed
/>>>>/  at all.
/>>>>/  I can confirm the geometry information by clicking "information" button
/>>>>/  in the target device.
/>>>>/
/>>>>/  My target device is like :
/>>>>/  - Samsung Galaxy S2
/>>>>/  - Android OS 4.1.2 (SDK level 16)
/>>>>/  - NDKr9 (Native Level 8)
/>>>>/
/>>>>/  How can i fix it?
/>>>>/
/>>>>/  Thanks in advance
/>>>>/  (P.S. I found similar question "
/>>>>/  http://public.kitware.com/pipermail/ves/2014-January/000747.html" in
/>>>>/  mail archives. But, there is no information about the result.)
/>>>>/
/>>>>/
/>>>>/
/>>>>/  _______________________________________________
/>>>>/  Ves mailing list
/>>>>/  Ves at public.kitware.com  <http://public.kitware.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/ves>
/>>>>/
/>>>>/
/>>>/
/>>>/
/>>>/  --
/>>>/
/>>>/
/>>>/
/>>>/  *| Aashish Chaudhary | Technical Leader         | Kitware Inc.
/>>>/    *
/>>>/  *|http://www.kitware.com/company/team/chaudhary.html
/>>>/  <http://www.kitware.com/company/team/chaudhary.html>*
/>>>/
/>>/
/>>/
/>/
/>/
/>/  --
/>/
/>/
/>/
/>/  *| Aashish Chaudhary | Technical Leader         | Kitware Inc.            *
/>/  *|http://www.kitware.com/company/team/chaudhary.html
/>/  <http://www.kitware.com/company/team/chaudhary.html>*
/>

--