[Ves] Android Kiwiviewer: change KiwiGlSurfaceView background color

Pat Marion james.patrick.marion at gmail.com
Mon May 19 16:01:40 EDT 2014

Hi Jamie,

Ideally, the entire kiwi c++ api would be available to you to call directly
from the java files.  The idea would be to use a tool like Swig to
automatically generate java bindings.  I started a work-in-progress branch
that explored using Swig to generate java and python bindings to Kiwi, but
that work was not completed.  So for now, you must manually extend
KiwiNative.java and KiwiNative.cpp to hand-write jni interface methods.  So
you could do that, write a new jni interface, to set the background color
from Java.  Or you could set the background color one time just in the
setupGraphics() method of KiwiNative.cpp.  I guess I'd recommend going the
jni route for most flexibility.  The jni methods are defined in
KiwiNative.cpp and in KiwiNative.java.

Pat