[Ves] problems building ves for android (Aashish Chaudhary)

Aashish Chaudhary aashish.chaudhary at kitware.com
Mon May 19 13:24:22 EDT 2014

It didn't find toolchain file. ($VES_SRC/CMake/toolchains/
android.toolchain.cmake) I don't think you can use environment variable.

Can you try it without it?

- Aashish

On Mon, May 19, 2014 at 9:49 AM, Daniel Fuentes <
daniel.fuentes at softwaredelcentro.com.ar> wrote:

> Hi Aashish, I tried compile ves from your patch *android_cmake_fixes*
> (according to the steps that I described to Mohammad before).
> VES source compile ok.
> But when I tried Kiwi, I had the next error messages:
>

> $ cd  $VES_SRC/Apps/Android/Kiwi/jni
> $ cmake
> -DCMAKE_TOOLCHAIN_FILE=\$VES_SRC/CMake/toolchains/android.toolchain.cmake
> -DANDROID_NATIVE_API_LEVEL=8 -DVTK_DIR=$VTK_DIR -DVES_DIR=$VES_DIR .
> CMake Error at
> /home/daniel.fuentes/local/opt/cmake-2.8.12.2/share/cmake-2.8/Modules/CMakeDetermineSystem.cmake:99
> (message):
>   Could not find toolchain file:
>   $VES_SRC/CMake/toolchains/android.toolchain.cmake
> Call Stack (most recent call first):
>

> CMake Error: Error required internal CMake variable not set, cmake may be
> not be built correctly.
> Missing variable is:
> CMAKE_C_COMPILER_ENV_VAR
> CMake Error: Error required internal CMake variable not set, cmake may be
> not be built correctly.
> Missing variable is:
> CMAKE_C_COMPILER
> CMake Error: Could not find cmake module file:
> /home/daniel.fuentes/local/proys/plavmovil/ves/VES.stage/Apps/Android/Kiwi/jni/CMakeFiles/
> 2.8.12.2/CMakeCCompiler.cmake
> CMake Error: Error required internal CMake variable not set, cmake may be
> not be built correctly.
> Missing variable is:
> CMAKE_CXX_COMPILER_ENV_VAR
> CMake Error: Error required internal CMake variable not set, cmake may be
> not be built correctly.
> Missing variable is:
> CMAKE_CXX_COMPILER
> CMake Error: Could not find cmake module file:
> /home/daniel.fuentes/local/proys/plavmovil/ves/VES.stage/Apps/Android/Kiwi/jni/CMakeFiles/
> 2.8.12.2/CMakeCXXCompiler.cmake
> CMake Error: CMAKE_C_COMPILER not set, after EnableLanguage
> CMake Error: CMAKE_CXX_COMPILER not set, after EnableLanguage
>
> I used cmake 2.8.12.2 and android ndk r9c, but the same oucurrs with cmake
> 2.8.9.
> Regards
>

> Daniel Fuentes
> Software del Centro
> daniel.fuentes at softwaredelcentro.com.ar
>
> (0249)430-5085
> Int 1103

*| Aashish Chaudhary | Technical Leader         | Kitware Inc.            *
*| http://www.kitware.com/company/team/chaudhary.html
<http://www.kitware.com/company/team/chaudhary.html>*