[Ves] problems building ves for android

Walter Schmeing w.schmeing at vissoft.de
Sat May 3 04:13:08 EDT 2014

Hello Aashish,

I have the same problem when trying to build the /KiwiViewer/ using the
following instructions:
http://www.vtk.org/Wiki/VES/Download_And_Build_Instructions
> $ cd Apps/Android/Kiwi
> $
> $ # if android, adb, ant, or cmake are not in your PATH, edit tools.sh to enter the correct paths
> $
> $ ./configure_cmake.sh
> $ ./configure_ant.sh
> $ ./compile.sh
No scripts can be found in /Apps/Android/Kiwi/

You wrote to Jamie:
> Let me send you a  PDF (or we may just publish this document) that
> describe the new process.
Is this PDF publicly available yet, or can you send it to me ?

Regards,
Walter

Am 01.05.2014 20:56, schrieb Aashish Chaudhary:
> Hi Jamie,
>
> Let me send you a  PDF (or we may just publish this document) that
> describe the new process.
>
> - Aashish
>

> On Thu, May 1, 2014 at 12:07 PM, Wright James (NHS Greater Glasgow &
> Clyde) <jamie.wright at nhs.net <mailto:jamie.wright at nhs.net>> wrote:
>
>     Dear All,
>
>     I have run into some problems when attempting to build VES for
>     Android on my Ubuntu machine. I was following along with the
>     webinar hosted by Pat Marion and seemed to be getting there.
>     However after running the VES superbuild I went into the
>     /Apps/Android/Kiwi directory and there are no build scripts (.sh
>     files) here, however there are in the GIT checkout that Pat uses
>     for the webinar. There are however /assets and /bin directories
>     already here. Does this mean that the Kiwi app now comes pre-built
>     with the latest GIT VES branch?
>
>     I then opened it as an Android project in eclipse and attempted to
>     run it from eclipse. However in this case there were compilation
>     errors, specifically that the auto-generated R  resources file
>     could not be found. In the past when creating Android apps and
>     running into this error I have resolved it by deleting the gen/
>     directory. Eclipse then rebuilds this directory and usually the R
>     file is generated also. Does anyone know why the R file is failing
>     to generate?
>
>     thanks, Jamie
>
>     jamie.wright at nhs.net <mailto:jamie.wright at nhs.net>
>
>     ********************************************************************************************************************
>
>     This message may contain confidential information. If you are not
>     the intended recipient please inform the
>     sender that you have received the message in error before deleting it.
>     Please do not disclose, copy or distribute information in this
>     e-mail or take any action in reliance on its contents:
>     to do so is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful.
>
>     Thank you for your co-operation.
>
>     NHSmail is the secure email and directory service available for
>     all NHS staff in England and Scotland
>     NHSmail is approved for exchanging patient data and other
>     sensitive information with NHSmail and GSi recipients
>     NHSmail provides an email address for your career in the NHS and
>     can be accessed anywhere

> --
> /| Aashish Chaudhary
> | Technical Leader
> | Kitware Inc.
> /
> /| http://www.kitware.com/company/team/chaudhary.html/

VISTEC Software GmbH          Fon:+49(0)30/6392-6060
Dipl.-Ing. Walter Schmeing    Fax:+49(0)30/6392-6062
Justus-von-Liebig-Straße 7    w.schmeing at vissoft.de
12489 Berlin, Germany         http://www.vissoft.de