[Ves] Build VES Android on Windows

Vincent Kaestle vincent.kaestle at gmail.com
Thu Mar 27 12:05:26 EDT 2014

Hello,

I'm traying to build VES for Android on a Windows 7. I have some problems,
you may help me.

What I did is :

   - start CMake-Gui
   - set "source code" to VES root
   - set "build" to Apps/Android/CMakeBuild/build
   - *configure* with NMake and select
   toolchain=CMake/toolchains/android.toolchain.cmake
   - check "VES_ANDROID_SUPERBUILD"
   - *generate*
   - then go to the build dir and launch *nmake*

During vtk-host build, it stopped because it didn't find the compiler. To
solve it, I added in macro(compile_vtk proj) of ves-superbuild.cmake a
CMAKE_ARGS : -DCMAKE_TOOLCHAIN_FILE:FILEPATH=${CMAKE_TOOLCHAIN_FILE}

Then I rebuilt, but I got an other error during vtk-host build :
Could not find a package configuration file provided by "*VTKCompileTools*"
with any of the following names : *VTCompileToolsConfig.cmake*
*vtkcompiletools-config.cmake*.

Do you think I'm in the wrong way ?

Thank you in advance,
Best,