[Ves] Compiling problems with the Android version

Carlos ves at calculoandamios.com
Mon Mar 10 13:46:47 EDT 2014

Hi,

I have downloaded the latest code on the master branch and I have
experienced some problems when I try to compile the Android version in
Windows.

The main problem is that it seems that in this new version the instructions
in the Kiwi page can not be follow as some files have been deleted from the
tree.

http://www.vtk.org/Wiki/VES/Developers_Guide_(Windows)

these files are: configure.bat for the VES libraries and
configure_cmake.bat, configure_ant.bat and compile.bat for the Kiwi project.

I have managed for compiling the VES libraries but I do not know how to
compile the Kiwi project.

I have tried to use the following command from a CMD window as stated in the
readme.txt file

11     cmake \

12
-DCMAKE_TOOLCHAIN_FILE="$ves_src/CMake/toolchains/android.toolchain.cmake" \

13       -DANDROID_NATIVE_API_LEVEL=8 \

14       -DVTK_DIR="path/to/cross/build/CMakeExternals/Build/vtk-android" \

15       -DVES_DIR="path/to/cross/build/CMakeExternals/Build/ves-android" \

16       "$ves_src/Apps/Android/Kiwi"

But the following error appears:

In the log  there is  also the following error:

The target system is: Linux - 1 - armv7-a

The host system is: Windows - 6.1 - AMD64

I'm using the latest android tools (NDK R9D) and I not sure if they are
properly configured.

Any clue?. It seems that the bat files for compiling were deleted with the
topic "Improve_ves_android" was merged and I would like to have these
improvements.

Best regards,

Carlos