[Ves] VES on the Desktop

kranial smok kranial.smok at gmail.com
Mon Mar 3 16:06:36 EST 2014

Hello All,

First, thanks for creating and releasing these great libraries.

Second, I would like to write a simple CAD program for the Linux desktop
and in the future have versions for Android and IOS that share as much code
as possible.

Is it possible to to compile VES to use hardware-accelerated OpenGL or
OpenGLES on the desktop? I have configured VES like this:

cmake -DVES_HOST_SUPERBUILD:BOOL=TRUE VES_USE_DESKTOP_GL=ON

but the examples seem to take ~100% of a CPU when running as opposed to VTK
examples that take very little CPU.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks