[Ves] Has anyone been able to build VES for iOS lately?

Lane Phillips lane at milkllc.com
Fri Jun 13 11:14:53 EDT 2014

Hi,

I was converting an app that uses VES to be able to use CocoaPods. I got an
error about the VTK framework (which I built last year) not having an
‘armv7s’ slice. I can force Xcode to keep building only an armv7 app, but I
wanted to fix this the right way and rebuild the frameworks.

So I followed the instructions here:
http://www.vtk.org/Wiki/VES/Download_And_Build_Instructions and did this:

git clone git://vtk.org/VES.git

Then as directed by the web site I followed the steps in
Apps/iOS/README.txt  I did the following:

mkdir VES-build
cd VES-build/
cmake -DVES_IOS_SUPERBUILD=1 ../VES
make -j4

It looked like there were some make errors, but it also seemed to reach
100%, so I continued with the steps:

cd ../VES/Apps/iOS/
ln -s ../../../VES-build/CMakeExternals/Install/frameworks ./frameworks

I noticed that there was only a vtk.framework folder, and not a
kiwi.framework folder, like there was with my previous build. I tried to
build the sample projects in Xcode, but this didn’t work because the Kiwi
framework is not there. (I also saw that there is a missing DropboxSDK
framework, which is obsolete and not provided by Dropbox any more, and a
missing pcl.framework.)

In hopes that it might help in solving my problem, I ran the build again in
a fresh directory and collected the standard output and error streams of
make. I can send these files to anyone who is interested; they were too
large to send to the mailing list.

Thanks,
Lane