[Ves] Build Ves Problems on mac OS X 10.10.1 and Xcode 6.1.1

邓卓夫 dengzf at swc.neu.edu.cn
Sun Dec 28 04:21:02 EST 2014

VES friends:

     Hi!

    I seem to have resolved the problem of building ves on Xcode 6.1 and sdk8.1, however, I cannot believe what I have done because I do not know why exactly.

    At fist, I follow the instructions published by last month "Help building VES for iOS 8.x/Xcode 6.x " by Harish, but it did not work. Maybe I misunderstand his meaning. So I decide to modify the files which locates at the /ves/cmake/toolchains/toolchain-ios-device.cmake and /ves/cmake/toolchains/toolchain-ios-device.cmake.
    in /ves/cmake/toolchains/toolchain-ios-device.cmake  I set the
  foreach(sdk_root ${possible_sdk_roots})
  foreach(sdk iPhoneOS4.3.sdk iPhoneOS5.0.sdk iPhoneOS5.1.sdk iPhoneOS6.0.sdk iPhoneOS6.1.sdk iPhoneOS7.0.sdk iPhoneOS7.1.sdk iPhoneOS8.0.sdk iPhoneOS8.1.sdk), adding sdk iPhoneOS8.0.sdk iPhoneOS8.1.sdk

  in the  /ves/cmake/toolchains/toolchain-ios-device.cmake  I also add the statements  iPhoneOS8.0.sdk iPhoneOS8.1.sdk in the similar location and in the if statement I modify the if(CMAKE_OSX_SYSROOT MATCHES iPhoneSimulator7.[0-9].sdk)   to  if(CMAKE_OSX_SYSROOT MATCHES iPhoneSimulator8.[0-9].sdk).

   Then I build the ves and It works fine.

  In addition,  I thought it will fine,  but  when I add the frameworks kiwi and vtk into the project which has been done last year  the project came out some errors.  Because why I rebuild the ves is I want to modify some class in order that ves can support dicom format pictures.  So it is strange that  when I put the frameworks last year I build and it works very well. when I put the frameworks now done by me it produce some errors like: Undefined symbols for architecture i386:   "_xmlCleanupParser", referenced from:.......

   So I decide to find the reason by google, and it tells me maybe lack of reference of libxml2.dylib. After I add the reference the project works well. I succeed!
   Although I succeed I do not why I put the framework last year built it do not need the libxml2 but this year I rebuild it it need the lib. WHY?

   Anyway,  I could start my work on kiwiviewer. I wish people who have troubles on build ves can refer to my experience.

   Thank you!

Deng Zhuofu
dengzf at swc.neu.edu.cn